ESG Ltd. (” We” or “ESG”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of data privacy laws applicable to our Site and broader offering, including, without limitation, the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), the data controller in regards to your Personal Data is ESG Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number Z8143772 ).
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
We process your Personal Data (as defined under GDPR) in order to undertake home improvements, electrical inspections and or to complete electrical works with the customer. In some cases, we work with business partners to make these services more widely accessible.
Our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be “legitimate interests”. Under “legitimate interests” we can process your personal information if: we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests or will be “A contract with the individual” eg to supply goods and services you have requested.
We do not collect ‘sensitive data’ (that is data about such matters as your religious beliefs or political opinions etc.).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
You agree that we are entitled to obtain, use and process the information you provide to us to enable us to discharge the Services and for other related purposes.
You may give us information about you by completing the contact form on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our Site. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and information about your electrical safety requirements.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we reserve the right to automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your agreement. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Analytical and performance cookies – These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor and all information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your login details). Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our Site only collect anonymous information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 90 days.
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us, we may use this information:
- To provide the services associated with our organisation and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) or by phone with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Information we collect about you, we will use this information:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the following ways:
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data with the following select third parties:
- Our suppliers and subcontractors that have been engaged by ESG.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following reasons:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ESG or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of ESG together with our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (” EEA“). It may also be processed by personnel and/or third party suppliers engaged by ESG who operate outside the EEA. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure and other factors, the security of End User information may be compromised at any time. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information and disclaim any assurance that such information will remain free from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain Personal Data only for as long as is necessary, subject to applicable privacy laws and regulations. In some cases, we will have a legal or statutory obligation to retain information for a set period (for example: accounting records, electrical test results, building regulations and electrical certificates). You will have the opportunity to opt out or update or delete data at any point should you need to do so and details are set out in this policy as to how to do that.
POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
ESG does not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under the age of 16 through the Websites and/or the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without his/her consent, then he or she should contact ESG at the address described below. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete such information from our files.
Applicable privacy regulations (e.g. GDPR) give you certain rights in regards to the Personal Data We collect about you. Those rights include the following:
- To request from us access to Personal Data We may hold on you;
- To request the rectification of Personal Data;
- To impose restrictions on, or otherwise object to, processing your Personal Data;
- Data portability;
- Right to be forgotten (i.e. deletion right)
If you request that your Personal Data be deleted before a service transaction is complete, we may not be able to provide that service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, we expressly reserve the right to delay or otherwise deny any such request that you submit to us if said request would result in a violation of applicable laws and regulations, or otherwise adversely affect any legitimate interest we seek to assert.
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, we will notify you via email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
INQUIRIES & CONCERNS
You may contact ESG by using the ‘contact’ feature that can be found on our Site. We will do our best to provide a prompt response to your question. You can reach ESG by calling 0808-144-6661, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
© ESG Ltd. 15/05/18